Re: GNOME Foundation Budget

On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 09:17 +1200, Glynn Foster wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 17:14 +1200, Glynn Foster wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > > Budget information is trickling out, and we're engaging in concrete
> > > plans to do things beyond GUADEC. We still need to be able to do
> > > things like 'show what we spend money on beyond GUADEC and
> > > administration', and enhance those aspects of our operation. Past
> > > that, more than anything else, we need to push foundation PR- the
> > > foundation needs to market itself to the community and convince the
> > > community that it is relevant. I think we need to highlight
> > > 'foundation money did this, foundation employee did that', and do that
> > > repeatedly. We don't, and that makes people think foundation is
> > > irrelevant, which is part of why we see such disinterest in becoming a
> > > foundation member, I think.
> >
> > While we're on the subject, is there likely to be financial report
> > anytime soon? Only asking as I uploaded a recent statement, and it would
> > be good to get a mail from the Foundation to accompany it and explaining
> > some of the details involved. Tim?
>
> Ping? Are are we just going to be treated to the figures in
>
> http://foundation.gnome.org/finance/gnome-foundation-fiscal-year-04-and-03.pdf
>
> and expect to know what they all mean?

I think people will have to tell us what they think needs explaining.

(Tim was going to post an announcement of this financial report here,
and asked me what "frequently asked questions" he should try to answer
in announcement. My response was that I couldn't guess, and we could
just answer them when people asked him.)

Regards,
						Owen