Re: Ubuntu 4.10 Preview includes GNOME 2.8

<quote who="Richard Stallman">

> Will Ubuntu be 100% free software?

Hi Richard,

We only support 100% Free software. However, we have made some binary-only,
unsupported hardware drivers available in our 'restricted' software archive.
We call it 'restricted' because we do not want to encourage our users to use
software (or hardware!) that restricts their freedoms. We *will* encourage
our users to buy and demand supportable, Free hardware drivers to run their
Free software, and work with hardware vendors to make that a reality.

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
Ooh, ooh, ooh!             http://www.ubuntulinux.org/               Ubuntu!