Re: GNOME Roadmap

I have also read that section.  I am not trying to provoke an argument or even
to elaborate on my own views, but I am simply asking, for clarification, on
why it was considered "important" to enable others (ISV's, whomever) to be
able to create commercially redistributable proprietary software.  Is this
expressly in reference to media frameworks, or is it implied for the whole of
GNOME?  My own reading was that this was specific to the issue of media
frameworks.  I am also quite open to the possibility that special and
somewhat difficult hurdles may exist in providing unencumbered and
commercially redistributable free software media services.  I simply wish to
hear a further elaboration of the intent and meaning of this statement.

David