Re: Licensing and copyright

Le Vendredi 27 Février 2004 16:44, Richard Stallman a écrit :
> Assigning the copyright would not have any effect on liability, if
> any.  The only effect it has is on who would have the ability to
> enforce the GPL in court.

People donate their code but continue working on it, sometimes daily.
It is not a "donation and forget", like if you donated a car or an animal.

Therefore, the liability of authors remain in some cases, even after donation.

Very hard to believe for non-US residents who may be prosecuted in front of US
courts. This includes many aspects of US laws...

I will not be able to answer any further. People asked me to stop.