Re: Licensing and copyright

On 24/02/04 05:41, Alexander Winston wrote:

If a US entity violated the license on some code that you used, are you sure you could sue them in your local court if they don't have a presence in your country?

James: He would not be in the correct venue, and unless international
copyright law allows for extradition (I haven't a clue), I doubt that
his case would ever see the inside of a courtroom.
That is what I was trying to get across. In the case of a copyright violation, the country where the violation occurred is more relevant to the choice of court than the country where the copyright holder is (assuming there is no "choice of venue" clause in the copyright license, like there isn't in the GPL).

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/