Re: GNOME in the Year of the Monkey

<quote who="Sven Herzberg, GNOME Deutschland">

> I already sent a mail to the KDE e.V. to discuss this issue, but they
> think that it's unacceptable but they don't have a way to force him. I
> think it would be cool if the GNOME Foundation and KDE e.V. could agree on
> a paper that says that project members are not allowed to block other free
> software projects in ways like that.

I think KDE e.V. are in pretty much the same situation the GNOME Foundation
would be if a GNOME dude did something as silly as this. One would hope that
this guy is sensible enough to figure out that unwarranted spitefulness
between the projects is unwanted, and that he may be adversely affecting the
good relationship between KDE and GNOME. Perhaps a bit of peer pressure from
some of the more mature KDE hackers could help, too.

Personally, I have felt a bit let down by some of the behaviour of core KDE
hackers in recent times, and I hope that this kind of thing does not
continue.

- Jeff

    I wanted to be Superman, but all I got were these special powers of
                             self-deprecation.