Re: Request for permission for Logo usage
- From: Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
- To: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>
- Cc: foundation-list gnome org, gnome-in-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Request for permission for Logo usage
- Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 02:19:40 +0000
On Llu, 2004-02-02 at 00:12, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Sri Ramkrishna">
> > This definitely looks like a FAQ question ;)
> Right now, it can't be. That's the whole problem with trademark law, and our
> current lack of process/guidelines for it.
I would suggest you download the gnome games from CVS. These contain the
gnome foot linked with GPL code in applications that the gnome
foundation has said it intends to ship for the gnome-2.6 platform. If
that isn't estoppel of trademark claims I don't know what is.
Or perhaps the release team should pull all the packages using the gnome
foot since there are no guidelines for its use.. games etc.
Certainly a release of a final 2.6 containing them built into GPL
packages would be the end of a plausible trademark claim imho. (Yes
there are reasons vendors keep their logo packages seperate!)
] [Thread Prev