Re: Evolution copyright assignment: Storm in a teacup
- From: Richard Stallman <rms gnu org>
- To: Rui Miguel Seabra <rms 1407 org>
- Cc: foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Evolution copyright assignment: Storm in a teacup
- Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 23:52:02 -0400
The current licensing state for Mono is even more problematic than
Evolution, since it has been confirmed that wanting to be able to make
proprietary derivates _is_ intentional.
The GNU Project has its own C# implementation, Portable.NET, for which
we will never make a proprietary version. If GNOME uses C#, this is a
way of avoiding that problem completely.
I don't think GNOME should give a special role to C#. Providing C#
bindings as an option can't be bad, of course.
] [Thread Prev