Re: Evolution copyright assignment: Storm in a teacup

> Several years ago, a company even contributed to Linux (Calders) and
> look where they are now!
>
> Not withstanding how clean a slate Novell want's to show the world
> (freeing a lot of proprietary code) it's very easy for a company to
> 'pull an SCO' when on soaring death, specially when it actually becomes
> a litigation copany (such as SCO is now).

I don't think that is a situation that is relevant to this discussion.
Nobody gave SCO the rights that they think they have, and nobody's actions
in the past have contributed to the current situation. You can't stop a
company from trying to abuse the law, and if they are desparate enough
then they don't need any help from us to do it.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com