Re: Temujin

Let's wrap up the discussion of Temujin's role in history - or move it
to alt.polit.* Whether one feels that he was a particularly cruel
conqueror, or as bad as other leaders of that time, just more
successful,  it is clear (and could have been expected)  that his name,
justly or not,  is provoking strong emotions in many people - usually
negative.   It would probably be a good idea to try avoiding politically
charged names like this in GNOME releases - unless we do want to make a
political statement, in which case it better be discussed beforehand.
Having fun and naming releases for Pippi Longstockings' monkey (Mr.
Nielsen) is one thing; Temujin is in a different category.

Sasha