Re: Gnome and KDE viewpoint on the future of the X Window System

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 10:03:14AM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> A sizeable group of developers from the two leading free software
> projects developing desktops based on the X Window System, KDE and
> GNOME, have been discussing the current situation among themselves
> and decided to draft and release this document.

  I would like to add a couple of things:
    - we expect to get announcement formally approved
      by the board at our next meeting.
    - I would like to publicly thank Havoc Pennington and
      Ralf Nolden who have worked tirelessly to get this
      join announcement out !

Daniel