FAQ - if GUADEC at HIA in Grimstad.

Hi

I have compiled this list of answers to questions that have come up
in the discussion about possibly having HIA in Grimstad as the venue for
the next GUADEC conference. Hope this answers most questions, (and
improves our chances to get the conference :-)

Mvh.
Nils Ulltveit-Moe

FAQ - if GUADEC at HIA in Grimstad:
certainly something that needs to be thought out for next year.

A: If the 5th GUADEC conference comes to HIA in Grimstad, then the conference
venue will be free of charge, since it is founded in HIA's organisation with
both Nils Ulltveit-Moe and Michael Snaprud working there. Also being an
interesting and profiled conference from an academical and technical point of
view are reasons that HIA is willing to sponsor it.  For the same reason,
internet access will be free, provided that  HIA is listed as one of the main
sponsors.  We will be reponsible for the arrangement ourselves, and do not
have to pay any guards etc. The same applies to audiovisual equipment. All
main theatres also have both wireless and ethernet connectivity as well as
TV, DVD etc, and we know how to operate it.  We can rent Grimstad cinema one
or two days, if necessary, which holds up to 415 people for 206 Euros/day at
daytime, and renting the student house/pub Luftslottet costs 235 Euros/day
for non-profit arrangements.

Q: How big bandwith is there?

A: Internal backbone at HIA in Grimstad is gigabit, with 100 Mbit/s
connectivity shared with the campus in Kristiansand to the outside world. It
is usually limited at the edges by 10Mbit/s hubs or 11Mbit/s WLAN access
points.

Q: Are there sufficient with IP addresses?