Minutes for July 1 2003 Meeting
- From: Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org>
- To: foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Minutes for July 1 2003 Meeting
- Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 16:29:04 -0400
Minutes of the Board meeting July 1 2003
Nat Friedman (chair)
Daniel Veillard (+15)
Jonathan Blandford (+30)
Leslie Proctor (from 3:30 for marketing issues)
Miguel de Icaza
ACTION: Tim to Investigate liability insurance.
ACTION: Thanks: Wilson-Sonsini for working pro-bono
Red Hat for bandwidth
in newsletter and on the foundation site
ACTION: Tim to look into merchandising options around our logo and
ACTION: Nat to get the charter amended to reflect the current consensus
ACTION: Nat and Jody to draft a short list of project to propose for
ACTION: Nat write a confidentiality policy
: Done. Sent and reviewed on list.
ACTION: Jonathan to set up the mechanism to publish and consult
Tim's quickbooks data
ACTION: Jeff to see how to get a link to Friend of Gnome from the desktop
: Jeff to summarise issues.
ACTION: Tim make sure that Leslie provides a status report every other
ACTION: Jeff to build a mailing list for joint marketing and board issues
: pending results of marketing discussions today
: Will be done today
ACTION: Put the confidentiality policy on website
: Sent and reviewed on list. We need to put it on the web
and add links to it from the .sig lines of all board and
advisory board emails.
ACTION: Daniel to request and review by-laws of German GNOME Foundation
ACTION: Leslie to send a copy of the old marketing plan
ACTION: Nat to collect slides and post them
ACTION: Jeff to condense all of the edits from the thread on GUADEC
requirements and resend.
ACTION: Nat to clarify status of OLS hothouse
* German GNOME Foundation
- According to the foundation's lawyers we need to be wary
of tax implications of subsidiary
- We would like to do a coordinated press announcement
- Get mechanism in place to ensure good communication
: Board should review a copy of their by-laws to make sure they're
compatible with GNOME
: Can offer them assistance with merchandise and potentially a domain
* Marketing plan
- Send around plan from last year but it is a bit dusty in spots.
* GUADEC 5
- Once Jeff sends off the 2nd draft of the GUADEC requirements we
should review and get it posted.
- Set a deadline of approx 1 month after the requirements go out to
select a site.
- Preference is to have it somewhere new with possibility of using MIT
again if no one steps up to the plate.
* OLS Hot House
- Re-title it 'Desktop' rather than 'GNOME'
- Attempt to invite some of the X & kernel developers
- Shrink to 1 day to reduce cost
- Discuss with AH possibility of co-locating with the kernel summit
[Date Prev][Date Next
] [Thread Prev][Thread Next