Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting January 28 2003

	  Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting January 28 2003


    Nat Friedman (chair)
    Jim Gettys (for 30 mn)
    James Henstridge
    Tim Ney
    Luis Villa
    Bill Haneman
    Jody Goldberg
    Daniel Veillard (minutes)
    Glynn Foster
    Jonathan Blandford
    Miguel de Icaza (for 30 mn)


    Jeff Waugh


   The board did not meet last week due to various conferences being
   sheduled on the same day and unavailbaility of a large fraction
   of the board members. Next meeting is scheduled in 2 weeks as usual.

Actions Done:

  ACTION: Tim to email foundation-announce about GUADEC fund-raising
        => Done

  ACTION : Board See how he's doing at the end of this week :-)
        => Done, Jeff did not do it in time ...


  ACTION: Jim to continue the font discussions with various parties.
        => Should be Done soon

  ACTION: Jody volunteered to work on producing a first draft of
          ABI rules for GNOME-2 releases; to get involvement from
          someone at Sun; and to make sure the draft get some review.
        => Jody has done some of this: enough to mean he will keep
          on with it rather than passing it on to someone else: but
          it's a slow process. Jody will post/CVS the current state today.

  ACTION: Tim looking at structuring tutorials, need to send a
          call for speakers
        => We are looking to get the call for paper on the website.
           Tim had conversations with various parties.

  ACTION: Telsa to talk to Andrew Hutton about possibility of a future
       GUADEC-like thing associated with OLS (a la the kernel
       summit). Miguel to talk to organisers of NordU* similarly.
        => We won't do the OLS, tesla is discarded from the ACTION
           Miguel will try to finish his ACTION.

  ACTION: Jody to assist Guadec planning for tutorials and report progress
          to the board.
        => Ongoing

  ACTION: Nat getting in touch with Andrew Hutton about the Gnome Summit.
        => Done, we won't do it.

  ACTION: Jeff will get beta.gnome.org on-line by Chrismas
        => pending, which year ?

  ACTION : Jeff New target for web site deployement is end of this week
        => which week ...

  ACTION : Tim/Jody Create spreadsheet outline for funding
	- baseline needs
	- target goals above that
	- known income
        => a first projection was made available to the board yesterday.

New Actions:

  ACTION:  Daniel to get more information about the Desktop Linux Consortium.

  ACTION: Glynn to publish a Newsletter

  ACTION: Nat and Tim to work on fundraising


- Approval for minutes of last meeting

- Desktop Linux Consortium.
  Something seems to be formed on this topic. We may join once
  we understand clearly the goals and conditions for being represented.
- Newsletter - are we doing this?
  Jeff was going to work on this with someone ?
  Glynn will do it this week

- Fundraising
  Tim sent out to the board a first projection for the calendar year.
  The AB fees are 10,000$/year, we may transition to a different 
  payment scheme modulated by the revenue of the company.
  The GUADEC4 expenses are scheduled and we expect similar numbers
  for this year than last year in term of expenses.
  Travels for GUADEC as usual are the most flexible part of the expenses.
  We also discussed getting new groups on the advisory board and
  in general increasing the level of exchange with the advisory board.

- Select backups for chairman / secretary; select a new treasurer.
  Nat is chairman
  Jonathan is treasurer
  Daniel is secretary
  Jody is secretary backup
  Daniel is chairman backup

  Jonathan and Tim will try to provide regular financial status to the board.


Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Network https://rhn.redhat.com/
veillard redhat com  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/
http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]