Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting February 11 2003

	  Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting February 11 2003


    Nat Friedman (chair)
    Jim Gettys
    James Henstridge
    Tim Ney
    Luis Villa
    Bill Haneman
    Jody Goldberg
    Daniel Veillard (minutes)
    Miguel de Icaza
    Glynn Foster
    Jonathan Blandford
    Jeff Waugh

Actions Done:

  ACTION: Tim looking at structuring tutorials, need to send a
          call for speakers
        => Done

  ACTION: Jody to assist Guadec planning for tutorials and report progress
          to the board.
        => Done

  ACTION: Nat getting in touch with Andrew Hutton about the Gnome Summit.
        => Done, we won't do it.


  ACTION: Jim to continue the font discussions with various parties.
        => Should be Done soon

  ACTION: Jody volunteered to work on producing a first draft of
          ABI rules for GNOME-2 releases; to get involvement from
          someone at Sun; and to make sure the draft get some review.
        => Jody has done some of this: enough to mean he will keep
          on with it rather than passing it on to someone else: but
          it's a slow process. Jody finished teh first draft and need
	  to publish it

  ACTION: Telsa to talk to Andrew Hutton about possibility of a future
       GUADEC-like thing associated with OLS (a la the kernel
       summit). Miguel to talk to organisers of NordU* similarly.
        => We won't do the OLS, tesla is discarded from the ACTION
           Miguel will try to finish his ACTION.

  ACTION: Jeff will get beta.gnome.org on-line
        => Still pending, will try to get beta.gnome.org on March 7th

  ACTION : Tim/Jonathan Create spreadsheet outline for funding
	- baseline needs
	- target goals above that
	- known income
        => Jody passed the baton to Jonathan, and Jonathan is working with

  ACTION:  Daniel to get more information about the Desktop Linux Consortium.
      => ongoing

  ACTION: Glynn to publish a Newsletter
      => Glynn made some progress, but not yet in a publishable state,
         looking for content, depends of the frequency of the Newsletter.

  ACTION: Nat and Tim to work on fundraising
      => Working on design other categories of advisory board members.

New Actions:

  ACTION: Tim and Glynn will put the tutorial information on-line and make sure
          that it goes in the PR release

  ACTION: Jim and Miguel are looking for 2 GUADEC keynote speakers


- Approval for minutes of last meeting

- Representative of GNOME on SPI
  Jeff Waugh volunteered and is backed up by the board

- Tutorial and GUADEC
  The GUADEC PR release is ready, let's make sure it's published soon
  We need the tutorial speaker bios on-line.
  Tim and Glynn will make sure the information goes out.
  Jim and Miguel will look for keynote speakers.

- Desktop Linux Consortium
  The Consortium is in its design phase, it is unclear now that we should
  join, Daniel will work on getting more informations to present to the
  board and decide at next meeting.

- The new web site launch
  Jeff feels there is a lack of documentation which blocks releasing the
  current code. He should have more time now to work on it and will try
  to get the new site on beta.gnome.org by March 1st.


Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Network https://rhn.redhat.com/
veillard redhat com  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/
http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]