Minutes of the Board meeting Aug 26 2003

     Minutes of the Board meeting Aug 26 2003


   Daniel Veillard
   Glynn Foster
   Jonathan Blandford
   Luis Villa		(chair)
   Miguel de Icaza
   James Henstridge
   Jody Goldberg
   Jeff Waugh
   Tim Ney
   Jim Gettys		(+10)
   Bill Haneman		(+20)

   Nat Friedman

Completed Actions:

    ACTION: Daniel to request and review by-laws of the proposed German GNOME
    	Association "GNOME Deutschland e.V."
	: Call scheduled with them immediately after the meeting.

    ACTION : Glynn to coordinate a call with GNOME Deutschland e.V. to update them
	: call arranged for after this meeting.

    ACTION : Nat send RFP for summit location.
	: Done

    ACTION : Look into summit in Mid-Nov in southern US or Mexico.  Need to
    	know by next meeting.
	: Done.  Have proposal from NY


    ACTION: Thanks: Wilson-Sonsini for working pro-bono
            Red Hat for bandwidth
        in newsletter and on the foundation site
	: Pending newletter
	: Will go onto new website too

    ACTION: Tim to look into merchandising options around our logo and
        GUADEC proceedings
	: Can now accept credit cards
	: Process of setting up the web form, and certificate ongoing

    ACTION: Nat to get the charter amended to reflect the current consensus
	: Nat sent something, but no formal adoption process has be done.
	: Nat to resend before next meeting so we can ratify.

    ACTION: Nat and Jody to draft a short list of projects to propose for
	: Pending.   Jody will _really_ send a start to list.

    ACTION: Nat to collect advisory board slides and post them
	: pending

    ACTION: Put the confidentiality policy on website
	: Sent and reviewed on list.  We need to put it on the web
	and add links to it.
	: Jeff wil lget the links set up.

    ACTION : Daniel to check with Nat and schedule the advisory phone call,
	: pending.
	: Target Sept 11-18

    ACTION : Luis poll the release team for roadmap.
	: Ongoing.  Initial proposal saw alot of discussion on the lists.
	  More discussion with maintainers.

    ACTION : Jim, find status of GPE announment from Leslie & Nils
	: Ongoing

    ACTION: Tim to produce a proto-budget for next year based on this year's
    	fiscal results.
	: Ongoing, will be reviewed with Jonathan for presentation in Sept.

    ACTION : Leslie to produce a schedule of conferences for the next 6 months.
	: Pending real life.

    ACTION : Jody & Nat to send announcement and proposed agenda for advisory
    	     board meeting.
	: Pending.


    ACTION : Luis to forward budget from summit at MIT to NY organizers

    ACTION : Jeff to get setup a link on webapge for software patent day


    Approved Minutes from 2003/08/12

    GNOME Summit
	: NY has offered to host in mid Nov
	: Board accepts NY offer conditional on budget review
	: Get the NY organizers a copy of budget from last year's summit at MIT
	: RH worldwide meeting is Nov 1-4, summit should be close but not overlap

	: Solid proposal from Norway
	: Initial proposal from Stutgart
	: Interest from Macedonia
	- Pending more information from Stutgart will review and attemptto
	  decide before next meeting.

    2.4 Release
	: Marketing and press release underway

    New hardware for cvs.gnome.org
	: Jim to see what's happening and get things on track

    Software Patent Online Protest
	: Board members are in favour of adding links to the website on the appointed day.

    Thanks to the volunteers for LWE and to Chis Lahey for his talk in Kalamazoo

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]