Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting September 10 2002

	  Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting September 10 2002


    Nat Friedman (chair)
    Telsa Gwynne
    Jim Gettys
    James Henstridge
    Havoc Pennington
    Daniel Veillard (minutes)
    George Lebl
    Jody Goldberg
    Tim Ney
    Miguel de Icaza
    Federico Mena

    Jonathan Blandford


Actions Done:

  ACTION: Havoc to create the CVS module, fill it with a draft of our process
          and make a public request for the first technical issues to test
          that process, Michel will probably help there
	=> Done the GEP thing is started for good


  ACTION: Jim to restart the font discussions with various parties
	=> Jim reported progresses with a well-known font maker,
	   Keith Packard is also involved in the evaluation. We will
	   need to provide a name for the font and do a Trademark search
	   for it.

  ACTION: Nat and Jonathan talk to gnome-sysadmin about adding ssh
          tunneling for GNOME CVS access
        => Jonathan will try to get this scheduled with Owen, pending

  ACTION: Jody volunteer for working on producing a first
       draft of ABI rules for GNOME-2 releases, get involvment from
       someone at Sun, and make sure the draft get some review.
	=> Worked on it but not finished yet

  ACTION: Tim looking at structuring tutorials, need to send a call for speakers
	=> Tim sent mail to various people, pending

  ACTION: Jonathan to work with Louie to put the organisation chart on the
          web site.
        => In the absence of Jonathan, we don't know

New Actions:

    ACTION: Havoc to get the specs for a CVS box

    ACTION: Tim to then do fund raising for the CVS box

    ACTION: Telsa to draft a guideline for the usage of the Gnome Logo


  - approve last meeting minutes:

  - the anoncvs is in a bad shape:
     - some of the machines are not up to date
     - the DNS round-robin doesn't work well for CVS 
    what is needed seems to be:
     - to set up a scheme based on rsync for better replication
     - get volunteers to do it
     - possibly get better machine/bandwidth for this service
    We may have to end-up buying a machine and try to get funds for it !

  - SPI advisor invitation:
    We got an invitation from the SPI to provide an advisor from the 
    Gnome foundation.
    It's something appropriate for the foundation to do and we are looking
    for the right person to fill that position.

  - Gnome Logo usage:
    We need to enforce the trademark by requesting written permission
    to formalize the Logo usage.
    In 5 years we may have to prove that we defended the Trademark in the
    meantime and keeping signed agreement will be important at that point.
    We should file for Trademark registration in EU and Japan too.


Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Network https://rhn.redhat.com/
veillard redhat com  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/
http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]