Re: Mailing list cleanup proposal

Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> writes:

> <quote who="Murray Cumming">
>
> > On Sat, 2002-11-30 at 09:16, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > > language-bindings       LA      need a list for general bindings disc'n?
> >
> > This list is low-traffic, but useful, and it doesn't have cross-over
> > with other lists. The language bindings page on www.gtk.org is
> > up-to-date because of it.
>
> Cool. I hope there'll be some consolidation of the bindings lists (languages
> vs. libraries, etc).

I don't particularly see a point - which of:

 language-bindings,  xml-bindings, gtk-perl-list, orbit-perl-list
 glademm-list, gnomemm-list, gtkmm-list

Would you consolidate? Many of these are high traffic. orbit-perl-list
and xml-bindings less so, but they clearly don't belong together...

A list generally should correspond to a community of people with
common interests; quite frequently such a community develops around
the binding for a particular language/library pair. The
community for language-bindings gnome org is the community of people
who _write_ language bindings.

Regards,
                                        Owen