Re: YIKES! [Was: Beginning of the 2002 GNOME Foundation Elections]

Le Sun, 3 Nov 2002 00:49:37 +1100, Jeff Waugh a ecrit :

> <quote who="GNOME Membership Committee"/>
>
> >     November 2002
> >   S  M Tu  W Th  F  S
> >                  1  2
> >   3 (4) 5 (6) 7  8  9  all candidates must be announced (4th)
> >                        announce official list of candidates running
> >                        for election (6th), questions emailed to all
> >                        candidates (6th)
> >  10 11 12 13 14 15 16
> >  17 18 19 20 21 22 23
> >  24(25)26 27 28 29 30  ballots go out
>
> YIKES! Boys and girls, the fourth is TOMORROW (at least from my
> enviable position in the near future) and only FOUR candidates so far!
> I'm writing mine RIGHT NOW.

We have 7 candidates right now. With your candidacy, we'll have 8. There
is one day left for people to announce their candidacy (one day and 50
minutes to be more accurate).

> That said, might be an idea for the membership committee to add some
> more time to the process. I know that most people have been
> excessively and almost unhealthily busy on getting stuff done for the
> 2.2 feature freeze recently (and hacking is way more fun than writing
> self-pimping rants).

I think adding more time should be avoided if possible. But this may
become necessary. We'll wait a few hours before taking such a decision.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas presses.