YIKES! [Was: Beginning of the 2002 GNOME Foundation Elections]

<quote who="GNOME Membership Committee"/>

>     November 2002
>   S  M Tu  W Th  F  S
>                  1  2
>   3 (4) 5 (6) 7  8  9  all candidates must be announced (4th)
>                        announce official list of candidates running for
>                        election (6th), questions emailed to all
>                        candidates (6th)
>  10 11 12 13 14 15 16
>  17 18 19 20 21 22 23
>  24(25)26 27 28 29 30  ballots go out

YIKES! Boys and girls, the fourth is TOMORROW (at least from my enviable
position in the near future) and only FOUR candidates so far! I'm writing
mine RIGHT NOW.

That said, might be an idea for the membership committee to add some more
time to the process. I know that most people have been excessively and
almost unhealthily busy on getting stuff done for the 2.2 feature freeze
recently (and hacking is way more fun than writing self-pimping rants).

Skates on!

- Jeff

--
         "Spend your 'different points' wisely." - Havoc Pennington