Re: Candidacy Announcement

Hey there,

I don't know if this is done...but I see it as an important part of the
election campaign ;)

> Name:		Mike Newman
>
> I'd like to propose myself as a candidate for the 2002 election to the
> board of the GNOME Foundation.

I've worked with Mike on the membership committee for over a year and he
was a huge help, a great source of motivation and a very sensible and
dependable person. He took a lot of undeserved critisism/flames when
certain prominent foundation members were rejected on their membership
renewal - very much 'shoot the messenger'. I believe that this was
because the existing guidelines that the committee were working on were
very much insufficient in terms of clarity and consistancy.

Mike would definitely be an excellent Board member in my opinion.

				See ya,
					Glynn :)