Re: [Usability] Re: Decision: instant apply window buttons
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: merchan baton phys lsu edu
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org, usability gnome org, hig gnome org, gnome-hackers gnome org, foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Usability] Re: Decision: instant apply window buttons
- Date: 21 Jan 2002 23:19:27 -0500
Gregory Merchan <merchan baton phys lsu edu> writes:
> If being different from Windows in little details like not having close
> buttons on dialog frames and not placing close next to maximize is so
> deleterious to Windows users, then a major difference like instant-apply
> preferences should be avoided no matter the cost.
We all know what opinions are like, but mine is that dialog buttons
are a little detail that doesn't matter, and instant apply dialogs are
a really substantive feature worth worrying about.
Think of it this way: there's a limited amount we can be different
before everyone just hates it on sight and stops caring. Spend your
"different points" wisely. Use the not-that-critical details to make
people feel comfortable.
] [Thread Prev