Re: [Usability] Re: Decision: instant apply window buttons

Gregory Merchan <merchan baton phys lsu edu> writes:
> If being different from Windows in little details like not having close
> buttons on dialog frames and not placing close next to maximize is so
> deleterious to Windows users, then a major difference like instant-apply
> preferences should be avoided no matter the cost.

We all know what opinions are like, but mine is that dialog buttons
are a little detail that doesn't matter, and instant apply dialogs are
a really substantive feature worth worrying about.

Think of it this way: there's a limited amount we can be different
before everyone just hates it on sight and stops caring. Spend your
"different points" wisely. Use the not-that-critical details to make
people feel comfortable.

Havoc