Re: Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting February 12 2002

> So be careful of simplistic models of human nature.  Human nature is
> very flexible, and very malliable.  Every person is capable of
> selfishness, and every person is capable of working to help others,
> but how much we do of each one is partly influenced by the ideas that
> we learn.

I'm not convinced the big thing driving Gnome early on was actually one of
selflessness on the whole. What Miguel did was to prove to a lot of rather
sceptical people that hacking gui apps is (contrary to traditional unix
bigotry) rather a lot of fun