Re: Non-free software and GNOME (The conclusion)

I strongly urge the GNOME Foundation not to accept
this idea.  Mentioning (the proprietary) Star Office
in GNOME Summary is one thing, but this idea is
another.  This idea goes too far and is against the
basic ideal of GNOME, that is, promoting free software
replacements for proprietary software on the desktop.

GNOME can allow or support in licensing (via the
LGPL), proprietary software, but GNOME should not
promote it.

--- Linas Vepstas <linas linas org> wrote:
> Let me take the opposite extreme: encouraging the  >
development of
> non-free software is good for the free software >
movement, in so