Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 29 May 2001

          Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 29 May 2001

    Havoc Pennington (chair)
    Raph Levien
    Dan Mueth (minutes)
    Owen Taylor
    Bart Decrem
    Federico Mena Quintero
    Jim Gettys
    John Heard
    Maciej Stachowiak

Daniel Veillard

Miguel de Icaza


  ACTION: Havoc send the AB list to the board looking for completion
          of the member liasons.
     => still pending

  ACTION: John try to get a Copyright assigment form and procedure for the
          GNOME Foundation.
     => still pending

  ACTION: Havoc take the action to send a mail on Gnotice about fostering
          the GNOME-2.0 work.
     => still pending

  ACTION: John to ask Sander and Martin to send the Board a status
          report for GNOME 2.0.

  ACTION: Federico to draft policies for @gnome.org email aliases,
          CVS access, and FTP access.

  ACTION: Maciej to email the Board the current draft of the platform
          license policy for review.


- 1.4.1 release
  Maciej isn't comfortable volunteering to coordinate the release right
  now because he is unsure of the time constraints of his next job.
  The Red Hat Labs members can help.
  We may look for a volunteer.

- GNOME 2.0

  Martin is concerned that there aren't enough people working on
  GNOME 2.0.
  We need a status report from from Martin and Sander so we can possibly
  help them keep things on schedule and get things done.
  It is very important to have the GNOME 2 libraries building all the
  It is also important that we get the tinderbox set up soon to monitor
  that everything is building properly.
  Greg Leblanc is heading up the tinderbox setup.
  Maciej will see if Greg needs help from the Eazel tinderbox gurus.
  The release coordinators should set up a policy on requiring packages
  Need a web page explaining how to build GNOME 2.0 libraries.
  ORBit confusion.  What will we use for GNOME 2.0 and will it be ready in
  time? Martin and Sander need to decide.

- Policies
  We need policies for @gnome.org email aliases, CVS access, and FTP
  Federico will write a draft of this policy.
  There was some concern that @gnome.org email aliases may be interpreted
  as individuals who represent GNOME, instead of individuals who
  contribute to GNOME.

- License policy for GNOME platform
  We have not yet adopted the policy.
  Maciej will send the current draft to the Board for review.

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]