Re: Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 6 March 2001

+++ Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 04:35:39AM -0500 +++
Daniel Veillard e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
>  - documentation:
>    Gnome Press for books ? The No Starch Press guys (nostarch.com) seem
>    to be interested in something like this.
>    => we don't need to have a sanctionned publisher, but we can recommend
>       good books and control who can have the footprint on it.

For putting a footprint on anything in print, we finally need a decent
version of the GNOME logo. All we've got to date is crap for anything
except on-screen usage.

We need the footprint as a vector image, preferably EPS; and we need
it in full colour, in grayscale and as a line drawing (single-bit
colour), just like the Linux logo. Oh, and there should be raster
images in all kinds of sizes, with and without a background. Those
without a background should have a *decent* alpha channel.

If all the above already exists, please tell me where I can download
it. I would already have needed it as a watermark for my LT2K talk,
and had to use the non-shaped PNG version which looked like crap due
to the grey background; the shaped PNG would have looked even worse as
ImageMagick produced a huge, irregular black border around all the
shapes.

mawa
--
Backofenvorheizer!