Re: Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 10 July 2001

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 01:49:22PM -0500, Linas Vepstas wrote:

> I've cc'ed the individuals who I beleive are subscribed to
> this mailing list, since I suspect that the email reflector
> silently fails when posted to.  (I received no response of any
> sort to my last post).
>
> On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 12:34:50PM -0400, Daniel Veillard was heard to remark:
> >
> > 	  Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 10 July 2001
> >
> >    - Mostly discussions, it was light agenda,
>
> It would be nice to know what the agenda was.

  it is under the Discussion part all items are the agenda and associated
discussion.

> Presumably, there's stuff that's
> being decided between meetings,

  No the decisions are really done during meetings, and made public
in the minutes. There might be exception, but this is the common case.

> and I think its appropriate for the foundation to
> reveiw these decisions during meetings.  Its hard to understand what's 'really'
> happening by reading these minutes.
>
> For example:
>
> >   ACTION: Havoc to invite Sander and Martin
>
> Who are they, and why do they need to be invited ???

  Seems you didn't followed the foundation list much, those are the
Gnome-2.0 release coordinators.

> >   ACTION: John try to get a Copyright assigment form and procedure for the
> >           GNOME Foundation
> >     => still pending waiting on the FSF, RMS is working on that.
>
> Does the gnome foundation have a policy on copyright assignment? What is it?
> When is it applied?  If there's no policy, then why is the above important?

 No, N/A/, N/A, because Sun contribution is large and it's a really
bice gesture.

> I'd like to ask about other gnome foundation activities, but am afraid to
> do so, given the lack of clarity as to what is really going on.  That, and
> the fact that my previous email generated precisely zero replies or
> acknowledgements. (Hey, I thought it was pretty damned good, even if it
> may have sounded off the wall to you).

  I don't remember seeing anything I felt compelled to reply to, probably
because I didn't see them ...

> btw, having the gnome foundation provide little conveiences, like, 'what are
> the foundation members emails' would be nice.  I'm using eazel addresses for
> lack of any news of anything newer.

  The foundation can be addressed by foundation-list gnome org,
the board can be joined at board-list gnome org, and putting the collection
of 350+ email addresses on a web page is just food for spammers IMHO,

Daniel

Sep 17-18 2001 Brussels Red Hat TechWorld http://www.redhat-techworld.com