Re: Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 10 July 2001

I've cc'ed the individuals who I beleive are subscribed to 
this mailing list, since I suspect that the email reflector
silently fails when posted to.  (I received no response of any 
sort to my last post).

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 12:34:50PM -0400, Daniel Veillard was heard to remark:
> 	  Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 10 July 2001
>    - Mostly discussions, it was light agenda, 

It would be nice to know what the agenda was.  Presumably, there's stuff that's 
being decided between meetings, and I think its appropriate for the foundation to
reveiw these decisions during meetings.  Its hard to understand what's 'really'
happening by reading these minutes.

For example:

>   ACTION: Havoc to invite Sander and Martin

Who are they, and why do they need to be invited ???

>   ACTION: John try to get a Copyright assigment form and procedure for the
>           GNOME Foundation
>     => still pending waiting on the FSF, RMS is working on that.

Does the gnome foundation have a policy on copyright assignment? What is it?
When is it applied?  If there's no policy, then why is the above important?

I'd like to ask about other gnome foundation activities, but am afraid to 
do so, given the lack of clarity as to what is really going on.  That, and
the fact that my previous email generated precisely zero replies or 
acknowledgements. (Hey, I thought it was pretty damned good, even if it 
may have sounded off the wall to you).


btw, having the gnome foundation provide little conveiences, like, 'what are 
the foundation members emails' would be nice.  I'm using eazel addresses for 
lack of any news of anything newer.

Linas Vepstas -- linas gnumatic com --

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]