Re: Minutes of the GNOME Foundation Board meeting 9 January 2001

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001 20:42:00 +0100, Daniel Veillard wrote:

> - proposal from membership committee on CVS/ftp/bugzilla/list/membership
>   policy see foundation-list for the proposed policy, here:
>   http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2001-January/msg00005.html
>
>   it tried to separate people with significant contribution from just
>   using the software
>   there is a 2 year renewal mechanism to avoid keeping

Can Daniel or one of the other board members comment on whether the
above is a transcription error, or if the board actually discussed
the membership committe's proposal in the context of access to
resources such as CVS, FTP, Bugzilla, etc.?

While I can see some possible connections between the two sets of
policies, I want to make clear that I don't believe we considered
those implications, per se, while drafting the proposed policy.  If
the board wants us to incorporate those concerns in our next draft
(or even to consider whether changes would be required), we would, of
course be willing to do so.

-Russell
 (Membership/Elections Committee)

--
Russell Steinthal		Columbia Law School, Class of 2002
<rms39 columbia edu>		Columbia College, Class of 1999