Re: USA states' proposal to force port of MS Office to free platforms

> Netscape was cross platform, and were refusing to switch because of this.
>   From what I have heard that port was slow, buggy, etc. They were forced
> but hadn't a clear interest in selling it. And it died as soon as the
> constrain disapeared.

According to one of the IE unix team it died because its existance was
incompatible with the claims that IE was integrated into the OS so could
not be removed. It was also built using some kind of porting toolkit rather
than a real port - and its exactly what MS would do for a word on linux