Re: Questions

This is all fine and well, but GNOME also has a
central theme, since it started--that is to bring to
the world a free desktop, a desktop environment
consisted of entirely free software (GPL, LGPL or X11
licensed) that can replace proprietary software
desktop that, as it happens to be mostly at this time,
is Microsoft Windows. The central theme does not
change, and people may not agree 100% with the central
theme when they work on GNOME, and they are aware of
this.  People's individual beliefs should be
respected, and people should also respect the central
theme when they act in behalf of the GNOME community
as a whole.  Thus there is still some type of order,
although a very necessarily loose one.

This is like Apple' hackers are contributing Object
C++ to gcc at the present time.  The Apple people are
probably not 100% supporters of Free Software, but
they are helping the cause of the GNU Project as part
of gcc. And The GNU Project should not expect all the
Apple hackers to speak all for free software, but the
software source code itself advances the cause of Free
Software nonetheless and replaces any possible
proprietary Object C++ compiler (there is none). This
is mutually beneficial, although the Apple people
should not go out and say "Free Software is bad! Don't
use Free Software!"

GNOME has a purpose.  If GNOME has no purpose, why is
GNOME here?