Re: Questions

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 06:07:03AM -0800, Jim Gettys wrote:
> And code I write will continue to bear an X copyright: I come down on
> Tim O'Reilly's side of freedom, and don't agree with your entire position.
>
> That is life.
>                              - Jim

And this is what I find exciting about working on GNOME, that it
is composed of all kinds of people, and there is tolerance of
other viewpoints (mostly:).  That we're here to create a good
free software desktop (or just a good desktop for some people),
and increase the ease of use of computers in general.  It's not
that 'the ends justify the means'.  As part of freedom I think
that it is each persons choice about what they believe in.  It
might be boring if we'd all be GPL/GNU biggot.  We'd also
just not get input from other viewpoints in that case.  What's
important to me is both that we create usable free software and
that the anarchy and chaos that is gnome works (and it does).
I don't want to bring order into that and ruin it.

George