Re: gnome.org Account Policies

On 21 Aug 2001, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> On 21 Aug 2001 23:03:14 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > No it doesn't do that. It demonstrates procmail skillsets
>
> Forgive me, but, doesn't do what?  I'm all for such a list, but I don't
> want it busy, like gnome-hackers or foundation.  I'm not even sure it
> should be as busy as gnome-announce.

	I think a mailing list [ a la debian-private ] is probably the way
to go. As Alan points out, if some people just don't want to be contacted,
there's nothing much you can do about it, whether it's through an alias or
a mailing list.

	The mailing list should most certainly be very low traffic.

	Having said that, giving email aliases to members of the
Foundation sounds more like a reasonable thing to do. As Greg pointed out,
interest in GNOME and it's future is more important than merely the
propensity to hack on some modules. I think the fact that you are a member
of the Foundation demonstrates that requirement.

	Regards,

		Ravi

--
"If you're smart, you'll be humble. There always is somebody
who hasn't read a book and knows twice as much as you do."

              -- David Duchovny in Readers' Digest

	Ravi Pratap M         <ravi che iitm ac in>
                      <http://www.iitm.ac.in/~ravi>