Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 7 Aug 2001
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: foundation-announce gnome org
- Cc: foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 7 Aug 2001
- Date: 16 Aug 2001 12:30:26 -0400
Minutes of the GNOME Foundation Board Meeting (Aug 7, 2001)
Havoc Pennington (chair)
Owen Taylor (minutes)
Leslie Proctor (to discuss PR issues)
- approved last week's minutes and actions
ACTION: Federico to post the new version of the email/CVS/shell
=> DONE (see below)
ACTION: Havoc to push through employment agreement for executive
ACTION: Havoc to email Leila about press release changes and status.
ACTION: Havoc, Owen, and John to discuss a possible accessibility
kit release with the accessibility team.
ACTION: Martin to write up a list of API issues and status report
for GNOME 2.0.
ACTION: Dan to work with Membership Committee to re-open the
=> still pending
ACTION: Havoc to sent the Advisory Board list to the Board,
looking for completion of the member liason.
=> Waiting for update from the director.
ACTION: John to try to get a copyright assignment form and procedure
for the GNOME Foundation.
=> Still pending.
ACTION: Maciej to email the Board the current draft of the platform
license policy for review.
=> Still pending.
ACTION: Havoc to email Sander to see if he has a suggestion for
a replacement release coordinator.
=> Havoc doesn't remember
ACTION: Havoc to send Leslie ATK press release draft
ACTION: Havoc to send mail introducing Kjartan to Leslie
so that we can get feature list for 1.4.1 press release.
ACTION: Owen to check details of email/shell-account/cvs policy.
ACTION: Federico to put email/shell/cvs policy into gnome-docu
and mail to foundation-list.
ACTION: Dan to find someone to help out with membership committee.
ACTION: Havoc to contact Keith Packard to find out more information
about interop hothouse at ALS/X Techinical Conference.
- The ATK press release for LinuxWorld. People were generally
comfortable with it with the current modifications (less hype,
something to download, clear that the target is developers).
- A press release for 1.4.1. Timing on this release is approximately
5-6 weeks, which works well for a press release. Need to get list
of enhancements to Leslie so she can draft something.
- Email/CVS policy. Went over current provisions briefly, no
- Membership committee. Dan indicated that things were moving
slowly and we might need to add someone else to the committee
to help out.
- Apparently there is an opportunity to have a GNOME/KDE interoperability
hothouse at the X Technical conference/ALS. Rooms and network
connections are available, but someone would have to organize,
make sure that the right people showed up, etc.
] [Thread Prev