Re: Hackers, should we elect them?

       From: Christian Schaller <uraeus linuxrising org>
       Subject: Re: Hackers, should we elect them ?
       Date: 24 Oct 2000 12:30:24 -0100

       Personally when assembling my list I am trying to balance two factors,
       making sure the majority of the board consists of people with a long
       history of GNOME support and contributions is one factor. The other is
       making sure there are people on the board which can take care of the
       primary task of the board(IMHO) namely promote GNOME to the mainstream
       press and society in general and gather even wider commitments from the
       computing industry or other important Free Software projects.

I, too, would like to see a mix of people on the board of directors. We
need board members who not only speak to technical and corporate standards
issues of GNOME, but also oversee the proper strategy and management of a
legally constituted non-profit organization.

That is why I am glad to see someone like Leslie Proctor, a non-hacker
experienced in public relations and trade shows, on the list of candidates.
It is important that the GNOME Foundation fulfill the obligations of its
mission, promote GNOME, and adhere to the relevant state and federal
government regulations.