Re: Candidacy (Michael Meeks), I'm still totaly misunderstood <sob>

Michael Meeks <michael helixcode com> writes:

> [1].  hacker here refers to any or all of documenter, UI designer,
> artist, translator, and coder.

Why don't we just say "anyone who has significantly contributed to
GNOME", and leave it at that. So perhaps we could rename this
"contributor", since many people understand "hacker" to mean a
programmer.

> [2].  by technical I mean 'involving detailed knowledge of the
> workings of Gnome's documentation systems, UI style, artistic
> homogeneity, translational systems or code structure is needed'
> preferably an understanding of the hacker[1] mentality too.

See, I really think you have this in the reverse order. The board is a
political, not a technical body, so I don't understand how technical
qualifications could possibly come before ethics, values, and so
forth.

 - Maciej