Re: What is GNOME office?

> On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 09:58:34PM -0800, Bart Decrem wrote:
>
> Surely "what is GNOME Office" should be "all GNOME applications that do
> officey things". If we have more than one candidate for a particular role,
> then include them all. Choice is good (particularly when they all interoperate)!

I feel like it is not a bad thing at all to have the GNOME Project
or the GNOME Foundation endorse a certain application as the
'official' application for GNOME Office.  To do otherwise would
be confusing for users, and this whole project is about making
UNIX more usable, not about pleasing every programmer in the
world by including his application in the office suite.

Furthermore, the development of GNOME Office may likely be
much faster.  Would-be contributors would not know which
projects to contribute to otherwise.  We would be discouraging
spreading hackers across different projects that have the same
goals in mind.

Cody