Re: polarization

Sam TH <sam uchicago edu> writes:
> And when that time comes, someone will have to put up the money to defend
> GNOME.

Yes, but I'm not worried about that. Sun and Red Hat (for example)
have to ship a desktop. If patent/copyright concerns would keep them
from shipping GNOME in their next release, my guess is they'll pony up
some money for defense. They have to fight the patent; just licensing
it themselves won't work, because of the GPL.

If someone sues us over the Life applet, then yeah maybe companies
won't be inclined to defend, but I'm not sure we should spend a few
tens of thousands of dollars on the life applet ourselves either,
unless it would be some kind of useful precedent or something.

Havoc