Re: Voter registration is now closed (fwd)

On 31 Oct 2000 19:09:30 MST, Mark Galassi wrote:

>    Bart> You can check whether you're registered to vote by going to
>    Bart> http://foundation.gnome.org/membership.html, which includes
>    Bart> all members registered as of a few days ago (I'll update
>    Bart> this file tonight).
>
>Just a second: I went and checked and I'm not there.
>
>I'm quite sure that it has been implied many times in the past that
>having registered for the straw poll and being on the foundation list
>and being a member of the gnome foundation was enough to vote.

Umm... I just checked both the canonical list on CVS and Bart's
generated HTML page, and you're listed on both: perhaps you forgot to
include the no_spam in your grep?

Mark Galassi <rosalia no_spam galassi org> (early gnome-libs and gnome-core, initial docs, docbook tools)

In general, being a member of the foundation-announce list is
indicative of having been added to the membership list, since that
list's subscriptions were initially autogenerated from the membership
list, and periodically synced after that.  However, both
foundation-list and foundation-announce are, as I understand it, open
subscription lists, so if one subscribed oneself, one might not be a
member.

-Russell

--
Russell Steinthal		Columbia Law School, Class of 2002
<rms39 columbia edu>		Columbia College, Class of 1999