copyrights assignments

We talked about this briefly at the last steering committee meeting and I
think there was consensus, but I can't remember what the consensus was.  Did
we want to encourage people to assign copyrights to the FSF, or to the Gnome
Foundation, or do we not presently have an opinion on this issue?

Brian mentioned that, as corporations adopt Gnome, there'll be greater
concern about liability issues (patent and copyright infringement) and this
becomes a more important issue.  The Apache Software Foundation was created
largely to encourage Apache developers to assign copyrights to the
Foundation.  I believe that the OpenOffice Foundation requires copyright
assignments to that foundation (but they need that for their dual-licensing
I believe).

I don't think we necessarily need to resolve or even address that issue now.

Bart