Re: Opening list access

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@eazel.com> writes:

> I think at shis point, we should open the list to anyone who wants to
> join. Although I personally don't like the way some people have pushed
> this, I do think it's a good idea to start having a broad-based
> discussion. Further, now that the list is public knowledge, it seems
> very rude to exclude anyone.
>
> And finally, Havoc tells me there has been no mass influx of
> subscriptions since the post, so it's unlikely the noise level would
> rise too unreasonably.
>
> If we generally agree, let's go ahead and open list access (perhaps we
> could even announe to gnome-devel-list).

Hi,

Well, I'm a bit concerned about what will happen if people may want
to discuss confidential things here, but I think it's more important
to have this an open discussion which is open for everyone who wants
to join.

Such an important thing like the GNOME foundation shouldn't be decided
on by a few elected people but rather be open for the general public.

So yes, let's open the list for everyone.

--
Martin Baulig
martin@gnome.org (private)