Re: Draft of Proposal for the GNOME Foundation.

Nat Friedman wrote:

> > "virtual global entity" == "no actual legal existence"?
>
> Right.  This was what Bart proposed.  It would be represented locally
> by national GNOME foundation points of presence.  These would be used
> whenever a legal entity in a given jurisdiction is needed: for the
> transfer of funds, for example.
>
> It does sound a little crazy, I know.  Bart?

I think the apparent craziness stems from the way you were trying to fold
everything into one decision-make structure.  By separating out the technical
decision-making from other functions, as was disccused later today, the
virtual global entity makes sense again.  Then again, that solution received
some negative feedback when I first suggested it.

bd