Re: What is GNOME?

On 13 Jul 2000 17:04:06 -0400, Havoc Pennington <hp@redhat.com> said:

> - if you want to be a member, you just ask, and the steering
>committee rubber-stamp approves it if they see any evidence of
>participation in GNOME

>- if you want to be a member you have to have work included in a
>GNOME release

In both of these cases, I raise the judgment issue.  For the first,
what constitutes "evidence of participation" (and for that matter,
"participation")?  For the second, what constitutes "work included in
a GNOME release" sufficient to qualify for membership.  In both cases,
who makes the decision?  Is there an appeal, and if so, to who?

Kelly