Re: What is GNOME?
- From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel helixcode com>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: Federico Mena Quintero <federico helixcode com>,foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: What is GNOME?
- Date: 12 Jul 2000 10:50:59 -0400
> That's too vague for me. Which users? If I'm a biologist, maybe this
> includes a molecule visualizer.
Good. As soon as we have one, we put it on the project.
Since a few days ago I have been looking at gene sequencing algorithms
which I find have a very good potential for some rad optimizations.
> And what about development libraries and tools (an IDE, say)? No users
> expect these, so which do we include?
I think development tools for GNOME should be part of GNOME. We sadly
have no good intengrated environments yet, but we will.
> What about games? Is there a way to exclude or include any of those?
As many as we can?
Seriously, have we added to the list of requisites `should be free
software'? Or have we ignored this poitn?
] [Thread Prev