Re: steering committee vs foundation

Owen Taylor wrote:

I guess it makes me uncomfortable (quite uncomfortable, in fact) to
think that the legal entity for GNOME (US) would be controlled
primarily by companies contributing money, and not by the "hacker
community". I doubt that the planned foundation for Europe is going to
be organized along these lines.
No, it is not going to be organized this way. On the contrary, the idea
is to give hackers as most power as possible. Of course, companies are
welcome, but as one of the goal for the EU foundation is to protect
the (EU) Gnome community, (individual) companies must have a
limited power in the foundation.
--
Bertrand Guiheneuf, CEO Henzai Inc.
http://www.henzai.com