Re: steering committee vs foundation

Hi Martin,

Yes, that's exactly the idea.  A group of people in Europe are already
working on a Gnome Foundation Europe.

But rather than putting reps from those foundations on the Steering Committee
- I would do the opposite: putting one or more person from the Steering
Committee on the board of the Gnome foundations so we have a liaison.

That also addresses Alan's point (I think): the Steering Committee is the
body that acts as the forum for coordinating releases etc., NOT any of those
foundations.

Bart