Re: What is GNOME?
- From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs eazel com>
- To: Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
- Cc: bart eazel com, chema celorio com (Chema Celorio),hp redhat com (Havoc Pennington), jirka 5z com (George),foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: What is GNOME?
- Date: 10 Jul 2000 18:33:01 -0700
Alan Cox <email@example.com> writes:
> > 2. If you're not on Gnome-Hackers and want to be a member, send email to a
> > nominating committee and they'll decide if you have made 'significant
> > contributions to Gnome'
> Ah self perpetuating Oligarchy. Another fairly inefficient and extremely
> corrupt political system that lost favour, paticularly in France ;)
Many not-for-profit organizations operate as, essentially,
self-perpetuating oligarchy - new directors are elected by the board
itself when one departs, in many cases. It works because governance !=
I don't know if I like gnome-hackers as the standard, since membership
in gnome-hackers has so far been fairly arbitrary (I know the gtk--
maintainer was not on it for a while, for instance, even though gtk--
is the GNOME-official C++ binding, insofar as we have one, and I know
there are people on it who are not direct GNOME contributors at all).
] [Thread Prev