Re: Minutes of the GNOME Foundation Board meeting 28 November 2000

Daniel Veillard <Daniel Veillard w3 org> writes:

> On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 12:14:46PM +0100, Martin Baulig wrote:
> > >   One of the most common problems which led to the discussion whether
> > > we should add ACL (Access Control Lists) to the CVs base is that there
> > > have been case of people who were granted access to do a specific
> > > action on the code base and who extended that priviledge and made
> > > unappropriate changes to the code.
> >
> > Hmm, aren't maintainers normally reading over cvs-commits-list and checking
> > whether there's something wrong.
>
>   No, for example I don't. I read the Changelog, but please don't
> assume that people will read the cvs-commit-list

Well, I am reading my mail with Gnus and I configured it in a way that it
highlights all commits to modules that I maintain or that I'm interested in.

Of course, I don't read any single mail on cvs-commits-list.

So maybe what we can do instead of adding ACLs is to provide a way to let
maintainers get all commits to their modules - this isn't hard to set up.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)