Re: Red Hat makes its announcement

    Daniel>   Mark, I have the feeling you really feel ripped off, but
    Daniel> in that case I think you were a bit hasty ...

You are right: I missed a couple of the things you pointed out.  I
need to make sure my speed-reading does not miss stuff.

Still, I much prefer the Helix Code press release at
http://www.gnome.org/pr-newcommitments.html -- in their final
paragraph they say:

       Although a number of private and public companies are contributing to
       the development of GNOME, GNOME is not controlled by any company.  It is
       a volunteer-driven effort with hundreds of volunteer developers from all
       over the world.  Their efforts are coordinated by the Gnome Foundation.
       Information about GNOME is available at http://www.gnome.org.

----

    Daniel>  Developper word was not used, they used the word
    Daniel> individuals, which IMHO is more correct, some people have
    Daniel> provided very valuable feedback or additions to Gnome
    Daniel> without being developpers. It also avoid carefully the
    Daniel> label "for developpers only' that had been the plague of
    Daniel> Linux on the desktop so far.

When I think of developers I always think of everyone on the team; not
just *code* developers.  I always think that other contributors (like
docs and translators) should get equal credit.  In any case, your
point is good.