Re: advisory board & announcement update

Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> writes:

> > If the LGPL libraries in question are GNOME libraries, we would
> > definitely work to resolve that. Even if not, I hope we would push
> > members to respect the terms of open source licenses.
> >
> > Wondering what this not entirely theoretical situation is,
>
> A probable member company made a CD that didnt include their gnome/gtk linked
> installer source.  In this case it was an accident and given the people I've
> absoutely no reason to believe otherwise.
>
> But it set me wondering what if it had been someone who had said 'go away' and
> I wanted to find out how the probable foundation board saw the issue.

It sounds like the consensus is: talk to them, and if they don't fix
it, kick them out. However, this does bring up potentially interesting
conflict of interest issues for employees/officers/etc of such a
company that might be on the foundation board.

 - Maciej